Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Voice Of The Lord


My soul clings to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word. (Psalms 119:25 NKJV)    

         The word rhema in Greek means “utterance.” Biblically speaking, it refers to portion of scripture that “speaks” to a believer.  Without hearing the voice of the Lord, it is very difficult to navigate all the ins and outs of the Christian life.
         Permit me to describe a recurring scene in my life. Spiritually I am struggling.  Life’s challenges seem overwhelming.  I feel like a man that is going under for the third time.  I am desperately praying but the heavens appear to be made of brass, and God seems to be on vacation.
         I open my Bible and wait quietly before the Lord. He speaks Psalms 46: 10, Be still and know that I am God... Or he brings to my mind, James 5:8, You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. As I ponder and start to meditate on these verses something begins to happen in my mind and heart. These passages become alive and I realize God is speaking to me.  Yes, to me personally.  Hope rises in my heart, and its good buddy faith is not far behind.  The sword of the Spirit comes forth from my mouth. “The Bible says, submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you (James 4:7 NASB). Satan, obey the Word of God!"  The devil recognizes, though he is stronger than me, that he is no match for the God’s Word. He turn tails and runs.
         When Jesus was confronted by the evil one, his response was " it is written" (Matthew 4:4).  We can only use "it is written" if we know what is written.

Ken Barnes, the author of “The Chicken Farm and Other Sacred Places  YWAM Publishing
Email:  kenbarnes737@gmail.com
website: https://sites.google.com/site/kenbarnesbooksite/
             http://gleanings757.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment